Please review thoroughly!
Please Note: The TPPA Annual Photographic Competition is open to all photographers, however, only TPPA Members are eligible for trophies and awards. Please log in to our TPPA Member Services site and confirm your membership in TPPA.
The purpose of the Artist Competition is to allow the entrant to demonstrate their art skills and expertise in pursuit of the PPA Master Artist degree (previously known as Master of Electronic Imaging degree). Entries will be judged for digital, artistic and technical proficiency. Entries can be created using digital or traditional art (such as painting and airbrush) or a combination of both. Through this competition, TPPA members are also eligible to earn trophies dedicated to Master Artist entries and TPPA Fellowship Points.
1. All entries must be registered at Printcompetition.com.
2. Entrants may only submit digital files for judging.
3. Entrants are required to upload a digital file for each image entered.
4. No changes to your entry are permitted once the entry deadline has passed. No refunds will be issued after the entry fee is paid.
5. Images which are entered into PPA’s District Competition are also eligible for the TPPA Annual Competition provided the images are submitted to TPPA’s competition by June 1, prior to the start of the District Competition.
6. Once an image has been awarded a score of 80 or above in PPA District or IPC competition, or any previous TPPA Annual Photographic Competition, it may not be entered into the TPPA Annual Competition. This includes any image from an album scoring 80 or higher.
7. Entrants do not need to be TPPA members to compete in the Photographic Open Competition, however, only TPPA members are eligible for trophies and awards.
1. Entries may be reproduced from existing photographs, portraits, graphics or any other artwork so long as the entrant is prepared to provide appropriate written documentation indicating permission for usage. This documentation may be requested by TPPA before, during or after the competition. If an entry, in the good-faith opinion of the TPPA Photographic Competition Chairman, violates copyright, trademark or any other applicable law and cannot be proven otherwise, that entry shall be disqualified and merits revoked, if issued.
2. All processing, manipulation, artwork or rendering must be done by the entrant.
3. The entrant has obtained and has access to all necessary releases (model or property) and agrees to hold TPPA harmless against all claims and liabilities arising out of TPPA’s display, publication and promotion or other use of each image submitted to TPPA.
4. The entrant’s name shall not appear anywhere in or on the face of the entry.
5. A maximum of eight entries is allowed in the Artist Competition.
6. A minimum of 4 entries is required to be considered for the Top Artist Entries Award (Highest scoring average with a minimum of 4 entries in the Artist Competition) and the Top 10 in Texas Award (Top 10 scoring averages from the overall competition).
7. No entry will be eligible if it has been made under the supervision of an instructor or as a class assignment. All images submitted must be self-directed. Images created in an educational environment under direct supervision from an instructor are ineligible.
8. NEW: Entries of the same subject in multiple images will be allowed, as long as the images are entirely different. (Background, location, clothing, and concept).
9. Entry media includes only digital files.
10. Guide images, must be included on the submitted digital canvas.
Registration opens in May. All registration takes place at: printcompetition.com
ARTIST COMPETITION CATEGORIES
You must designate one of the below categories for each entry.
Creative Open (Artist)
– Files must be sized so the longest dimension is 4000 pixels. Each file must contain an embedded color profile of either sRGB or Adobe RGB1998 and be saved at a JPEG quality setting of 10. In most cases, total file size should not exceed 3.5 MB. Larger files will be accepted when necessary so long are they are JPG/10.
– Files are to be named, Image 1.JPG (No underscores or special characters)
DEADLINES AND FEES
– Entry Deadline is 9:00pm CDT., June 29, 2019.
-TPPA is holding three competitions: Photographic Open Competition, Artist Competition and Wedding Competition. Entrants may enter up to eight entries in each compeition.
-Entry Fee is $15 per image.
-Entries include digital entries only.
– $10.00 per image for image critiques. Please allow 4 weeks following the completion of the competition.
Check out the entire list of awards from the TPPA Annual Photographic Competition.
Note: Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification of entry. The decision of the TPPA Photographic Competition Chairman is final.