The TPPA Annual Photographic Competition will take place on March 28 at 9AM in San Antonio.
The judging will take place at the Double Tree Airport located at 37 NW Loop 410 in San Antonio. We invite you to join us to watch the judging take place live!
TPPA has three competitions which include the Photographic Open Competition, the Artist Competition and the Wedding Competition. Entrants may now enter a maximum of eight entries in each of the Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding competitions.
The Photographic Open Competition serves those who compete with digital images created by traditional photographic processes as well as those captured electronically with a digital camera or scanner.
The Master Artist Competition serves those who compete with their skills in the PPA Master Artist Category using digital files.
The Wedding Competition allows photographers to enter digital files or digital albums to be judged against a standard of excellence using the 12 Elements of a Merit Image. Images and all elements of an image in the Wedding Competition must be created during the time constraints of the actual event.
The 2019 edition of the Annual TPPA Photographic Competition has undergone some changes in the rules and awards. Here are the important highlights:
- New for 2019: The Annual TPPA Photographic Competition will not be judging physical prints for 2020. Only digital entries will be accepted for this year’s judging.
- New Wedding Competition: TPPA proudly follows the lead of PPA by offering a new Wedding Competition for images and albums that were created within the time constraints of an actual wedding.
- New for 2020: A new Creative Open category under the Photographic Open Competition was created to allow images that have additional elements not created by the maker. Please note: all elements NOT created by the maker must be shown as a guide image.
- New for 2020: Entries of the same subject in multiple images will be allowed, as long as the images are entirely different. (Background, location, clothing, and concept).
- Multiple Albums may be entered: In the past, we only allowed one album entry, but we are now allowing multiple albums to be entered in the Photographic Open or the Wedding Competitions. Each album will count as “one entry” in its respective competition.
- New for 2020: Entrants can now enter a maximum of eight entries in each of our Competitions: Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding. This will give members a chance to gain feedback on additional images and to compete for newly created awards.
- New for 2020: We have moved to an entry fee of only $15 “per entry”.
COMPETITION AWARD PINS
We offer Competition Award pins to recognize photographers who have entries scoring 80 or above based on the following:
♦ Bronze – 4 entries scoring 80 or above in a single competition (Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding)
♦ Silver – 5 entries scoring 80 or above in a single competition (Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding)
♦ Gold – 6 entries scoring 80 or above in a single competition (Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding)
♦ Platinum – 7 entries scoring 80 or above in a single competition (Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding)
♦ Diamond – 8 entries scoring 80 or above in a single competition (Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding)
Three new Competition Awards have been added
♦ Top Photographic Open Entries Award (Highest scoring average with a minimum of 4 entries in the PO Competition)
♦ Top Artist Entries Award (Highest scoring average with a minimum of 4 entries in the Artist Competition)
♦ Top Wedding Entries Award (Highest scoring average with a minimum of 4 entries in the Wedding Competition)
New “Top 10” Awards
♦ Top 10 in Texas Award (Top 10 scoring averages from the overall competition. Requires a minimum of 4 entries in at least one of the three competitions: Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding)
Entering the Competitions
– Entry Deadline is 9:00pm CDT., March 27, 2020.
-Entry Fee is $15 per entry. (Entries include any combination of digital entries and digital album entries.)
Check out the entire list of awards from the TPPA Annual Photographic Competition.
You can now order a recorded judge’s critique for $10 per image requested. This is a great way to get personal feedback for your images.