TPPA has three competitions which include the Photographic Open Competition, the Artist Competition and the Wedding Competition. Entrants may now enter a maximum of eight entries in each of the Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding competitions.
The Photographic Open Competition serves those who compete with digital images created by traditional photographic processes as well as those captured electronically with a digital camera or scanner.
The Master Artist Competition serves those who compete with their skills in the PPA Master Artist Category using digital files.
The Wedding Competition allows photographers to enter digital files or digital albums to be judged against a standard of excellence using the 12 Elements of a Merit Image. Images and all elements of an image in the Wedding Competition must be created during the time constraints of the actual event.
The 2020 edition of the Annual TPPA Photographic Competition has undergone some changes in the rules and awards. Here are the important highlights:
- The TPPA Annual Awards Presentation will take place at 8:30PM on Saturday, April 25 at the Renaissance Hotel in Addison. Admission is free and all are welcome.
- Digital Entries only for 2021: The Annual TPPA Photographic Competition will not be judging physical prints for 2021. Only digital entries will be accepted for this year’s judging.
- Wedding Competition: TPPA proudly follows the lead of PPA by offering a new Wedding Competition for images and albums that were created within the time constraints of an actual wedding.
- Creative Open Category: The Creative Open category under the Photographic Open Competition was created to allow images that have additional elements not created by the maker. Please note: all elements NOT created by the maker must be shown as a guide image.
- New for 2021: Entries of the same subject in multiple images will be allowed, as long as the images are entirely different. (Background, location, clothing, and concept).
- Multiple Albums may be entered: In the past, we only allowed one album entry, but we are now allowing multiple albums to be entered in the Photographic Open or the Wedding Competitions. Each album will count as “one entry” in its respective competition.
- New for 2021: Entrants can now enter a maximum of eight entries in each of our Competitions: Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding. This will give members a chance to gain feedback on additional images and to compete for newly created awards.
- New for 2021: We have moved to an entry fee of only $15 “per entry”.
COMPETITION AWARD PINS
We offer Competition Award pins to recognize photographers who have entries scoring 80 or above based on the following:
♦ Bronze – 4 entries scoring 80 or above in a single competition (Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding)
♦ Silver – 5 entries scoring 80 or above in a single competition (Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding)
♦ Gold – 6 entries scoring 80 or above in a single competition (Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding)
♦ Platinum – 7 entries scoring 80 or above in a single competition (Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding)
♦ Diamond – 8 entries scoring 80 or above in a single competition (Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding)
Three new Competition Awards have been added
♦ Top Photographic Open Entries Award (Highest scoring average with a minimum of 4 entries in the PO Competition)
♦ Top Artist Entries Award (Highest scoring average with a minimum of 4 entries in the Artist Competition)
♦ Top Wedding Entries Award (Highest scoring average with a minimum of 4 entries in the Wedding Competition)
New “Top 10” Awards
♦ Top 10 in Texas Award (Top 10 scoring averages from the overall competition. Requires a minimum of 4 entries in at least one of the three competitions: Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding)
Entering the Competitions
– Entry Deadline is 7:00pm CDT., March 26, 2021.
-Entry Fee is $15 per entry. (Entries include any combination of digital entries and digital album entries.)
Check out the entire list of awards from the TPPA Annual Photographic Competition.
You can now order a recorded judge’s critique for $10 per image requested. This is a great way to get personal feedback for your images.