TPPA has three competitions which include the Photographic Open Competition, the Artist Competition and the Wedding Competition. Entrants may now enter a maximum of eight entries in each of the Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding competitions.
The Photographic Open Competition serves those who compete with digital images created by traditional photographic processes as well as those captured electronically with a digital camera or scanner.
The Master Artist Competition serves those who compete with their skills in the PPA Master Artist Category using digital files.
The Wedding Competition allows photographers to enter digital files or digital albums to be judged against a standard of excellence using the 12 Elements of a Merit Image. Images and all elements of an image in the Wedding Competition must be created during the time constraints of the actual event.
The 2021 edition of the Annual TPPA Photographic Competition has undergone some changes in the rules and awards. Here are the important highlights:
- Digital Entries only for 2021: The Annual TPPA Photographic Competition will not be judging physical prints for 2021. Only digital entries will be accepted for this year’s judging.
- The TPPA Annual Photographic Competition will adapt the same judging procedures that PPA uses: The TPPA Executive Council is committed to creating excellence for TPPA members. Our goal is to see our members overwhelmingly succeed at District Competition and IPC. That is why we strive to make our Annual Competition as close to the caliber of the PPA competitions as possible.
- All accepted images reviewed for awards: TPPA uses two judging panels, so by eliminating scores from our judging, all jurors will now evaluate all images that were judged into the merit category for consideration of awards instead of relying on a high score where half of the judges did not have a voice in the outcome.
- Participants will be able to watch the judging take place live: TPPA will live stream the judging so that you can watch the judging take place as it happen on your computer, tablet or phone.
- The TPPA Annual Awards Presentation will take place at 8:30PM on Saturday, April 24 at the Renaissance Hotel in Addison. Admission is free and all are welcome.
TPPA believes in the value of photographic competition to help build stronger artists and more profitable members. We take pride in using only Approved Jurors from IPCC and those who have attended the judging school at IPC who are working to become approved jurors. This makes the TPPA Photographic Competition a tough competition. Yet, it gives you the best feedback we can deliver on your images before you submit them to district and IPC competitions.
COMPETITION AWARD PINS
We offer Competition Award pins to recognize photographers who have entries scoring 80 or above based on the following:
♦ Bronze – 4 entries earning a Merit vote in a single competition (Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding)
♦ Silver – 5 entries earning a Merit vote in a single competition (Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding)
♦ Gold – 6 entries earning a Merit vote in a single competition (Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding)
♦ Platinum – 7 entries earning a Merit vote in a single competition (Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding)
♦ Diamond – 8 entries earning a Merit vote in a single competition (Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding)
Three new Competition Awards have been added
♦ Top Photographic Open Entries Award (Highest scoring average with a minimum of 4 entries in the PO Competition)
♦ Top Artist Entries Award (Highest scoring average with a minimum of 4 entries in the Artist Competition)
♦ Top Wedding Entries Award (Highest scoring average with a minimum of 4 entries in the Wedding Competition)
New “Top 10” Awards
♦ Top 10 in Texas Award (Top 10 scoring averages from the overall competition. Requires a minimum of 4 entries in at least one of the three competitions: Photographic Open, Artist or Wedding)
Entering the Competitions
– Entry Deadline is 7:00pm CDT., March 24, 2021.
-Entry Fee is $15 per entry. (Entries include any combination of digital entries and digital album entries.)
Check out the entire list of awards from the TPPA Annual Photographic Competition.
You can now order a recorded judge’s critique for $10 per image requested. This is a great way to get personal feedback for your images.