For working photographers, today’s business climate is more competitive than ever. Numerous low-cost players set market expectations (“can I just get all the digitals?” and “looking for an affordable photographer who doesn’t cost an arm and a leg”) and there is virtually no barrier to entry.
To succeed in this climate, we’ve all been given a wealth of advice such as:
- Raise your prices
- Perform in-person sales (IPS)
- Sell prints
- Make it about the client experience
- Use payment plans
- Use language associated with higher prices such as “luxury”, “portrait artist”, branding session”, “wall art” and more.
- Know your ideal client
- Focus on a specialty – be different!
Some photographers adopt these pieces of wisdom and do well while other photographers continue to struggle. And some successful photographers see their businesses plummet without understanding the underlying causes.
For many photographers, there’s a key missing piece – business strategy.
Business strategy originates from an understanding of the market and the competition. While many photographers develop business plans, few deliberately formulate a business strategy. Despite the absence of a deliberate business strategy, every business has a strategy – whether they know it or not! Photographers without a business strategy can be successful but most would be better served with this key overreaching approach to success.
In this program, you’ll learn advanced concepts to apply to your photography business to elevate your success and long-term performance.
Concepts covered include:
- The five fundamental business strategies and their value
- The distinction between strategy, tactics, and execution
- Developing a business strategy based on market conditions
- Aligning sub-strategies with the main strategy
- Aligning tactics with business strategy
- Understanding well-known businesses’ strategies (you might be surprised)
Participants will then work in small groups to start the process of developing their own business strategies to share with the overall group.
Prepare to learn new, elevated, actionable concepts that you can apply to your business today to position for long-term success.