Interested in Becoming a Member of the TPPA Board of Directors?
The TPPA Board of Directors oversees the direction and the affairs of this Association and of its executive office.
The Board of Directors puts on the TPPA annual conventions, workshops, events and the Annual Texas Print Competition.
Each board member shall serve one year in the elected office, beginning on January 1 of the calendar year.
Decisions are made and acted upon quickly. Because of this, members of the Board of Directors need to be able to respond rapidly.
The process of serving on the Board of Directors begins by vetting through the Nominating Committee. This committee shall recommend the candidates for each office of President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary, and two elected Director positions.
All candidates must be current Members of the Association
Expectations for Director and all Board of Directors members include:
1. Following up on e-mail
2. Participating in online officer forums or file sharing websites
3. Completing tasks at hand in a timely manner
The Board of Director member:
- Should represent the interests of TPPA, not a geographic region or specialty
- Become familiar with TPPA’s Bylaws, Policy Manual and regular procedures
- Must keep the confidences of the Board of Directors
- Sign an Agreement stating that, if elected, you will fulfill your commitment(s) to the best of your ability
- Be willing to fill out and sign a “Confidential Statement to The Board of Directors” and a “Disclosure Regarding Conflicts Of Interest” if a conflict of interest should arise
- Serve as the Board Liaison to one or more Committees or Action Teams. Liaisons are expected to attend and participate in Action Teams or Committee meetings, discussions and activities providing guidance and leadership to the Team or Committee
- Work with TPPA volunteers and staff in a positive and cooperative manner
- Establish good relationships/communication with your Executive Council, Committee Chairs and Staff
- Do your homework when documents and reports are received
- Review and consider all proposed action items. Serve TPPA without personal bias
- Honor deadlines
- Review past year’s Board of Directors Minutes/Reports
- Stay in the “loop” via e-mail, online forum or telephone
The Board of Directors or its representative(s) will periodically review operations of the Association headquarters and make recommendations to the Executive Staff in connection with those operations.
To participate in discussions, votes and to keep informed, Board of Directors members must attend scheduled Zoom Meetings and return messages in a timely manner.
2022-23 SCHEDULE OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING DATES
In order to serve, you must agree to clear your calendar to allow you to attend the posted Board of Directors meetings. Meetings are scheduled for the third Monday of each month at 11am.
2022 Meeting Dates – All times 11am-12:30pm, Visioning 12:30-1:30
October 14-16 iHeart Photography
October 16-18 Board Retreat (Begins 6PM Sunday, Ends at Noon on Tuesday)
2023 Meeting Dates – All times 11am-12:30pm, Visioning 12:30-1:300
February 20 plus visioning
October 13-15 iHeart Photography
October 15-17 Board Retreat (Begins 6PM Sunday, Ends at Noon on Tuesday)
If you are interested in being considered as a Director for TPPA, please complete this application.