Interested in Becoming a Member of the TPPA Executive Council?
The TPPA Executive Council oversees the direction and the affairs of this Association and of its executive office.
The Executive Council puts on the TPPA annual conventions, workshops, events and the Annual Texas Print Competition.
Each Executive Council member shall serve one year in the elected office, beginning on January 1 of the calendar year.
Decisions are made and acted upon quickly. Because of this, members of the Executive Council need to be able to respond rapidly.
The process of serving on the Executive Council begins by serving as a Director (Councilor at Large), for a one year term.
Expectations for Director and all Executive Council members include:
1. Following up on e-mail
2. Participating in online officer forums or file sharing websites
3. Completing tasks at hand in a timely manner
The Executive Council member:
- Should represent the interests of TPPA, not a geographic region or specialty
- Become familiar with TPPA’s Bylaws, Policy Manual and regular procedures
- Must keep the confidences of the Executive Council
- Sign an Agreement stating that, if elected, you will fulfill your commitment(s) to the best of your ability
- Be willing to fill out and sign a “Confidential Statement to The Executive Council “ and a “Disclosure Regarding Conflicts Of Interest” if a conflict of interest should arise
- Serve as the Board Liaison to one or more Committees or Action Teams. Liaisons are expected to attend and participate in Action Teams or Committee meetings, discussions and activities providing guidance and leadership to the Team or Committee
- Work with TPPA volunteers and staff in a positive and cooperative manner
- Establish good relationships/communication with your Executive Council, Committee Chairs and Staff
- Do your homework when documents and reports are received
- Review and consider all proposed action items. Serve TPPA without personal bias
- Honor deadlines
- Review past year’s Executive Council Minutes/Reports
- Stay in the “loop” via e-mail, online forum or telephone
The Executive Council or its representative(s) will periodically review operations of the Association headquarters and make recommendations to the Executive Staff in connection with those operations.
To participate in discussions, votes and to keep informed, Executive Council members must attend scheduled Zoom Meetings and return messages in a timely manner.
2021-22 SCHEDULE OF EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING DATES
In order to serve, you must agree to clear your calendar to allow you to attend the Executive Council meetings that will be posted by the president. Meetings are scheduled for the third Monday of each month at 11am.
If you are interested in being considered as a Director for TPPA, please complete this application.