Please review thoroughly!
Please Note: The TPPA Annual Photographic Competition is open to all photographers, however, only TPPA Members are eligible for trophies and awards. Please log in to our TPPA Member Services site and confirm your membership in TPPA. Through this competition, TPPA members are also eligible for trophies, ribbons, and TPPA Fellowship Points.
The purpose of this competition is to allow photographers to enter digital photographic images or digital albums to be judged against a standard of excellence using the 12 Elements of a Merit Image. (For more information, go to PPA.com/IPC.) In addition to the twelve elements, for an image to be merit-worthy in the wedding competition, additional evaluation may be considered for the entries that illustrate the personality of the subject or subjects and the story of the wedding as well as the artistic and technical skills of the image maker. Judges will keep in mind that the maker has limited control over many aspects of a wedding. For example: subject matter, environment and time of day. Ultimately, additional consideration may be given to the maker for technically and artistically executing at a merit level in spite of challenges involved at an actual wedding.
Images and all elements of an image in the Wedding Competition Images not created during the time constraints of the actual event may be entered in the TPPA’s Photographic Open competition. The entrant or entrants must have captured all elements of the final submission from that wedding. Images in the Wedding Competition should reflect the personality or personalities of the subject(s) or the story of the wedding as well as the personality, artistic, and technical skills of the image maker. Images should include some kind of visual wedding reference(s). The original captured image (in RAW, jpg, or film) must be available if requested by the TPPA Photographic Competition Committee.
- All entries must be registered at www.printcompetition.com.
- Entrants may only submit digital files for judging.
- No changes to your entry are permitted once the entry deadline has passed. No refunds will be issued after the entry fee is paid.
- Entrants do not need to be TPPA members to compete in the Wedding Competition, however, only TPPA members are eligible for trophies and awards.
- Images which are entered into PPA’s District Competition are also eligible for the TPPA Annual Competition provided the images are submitted to TPPA’s competition prior to the start of the District Competition.
- Once an image has been awarded a Merit vote in PPA District or IPC competition, or any previous TPPA Annual Photographic Competition, it may not be entered into the TPPA Annual Competition again. This includes any image from an album that has received a Merit vote.
- Entrant must have captured and created the original exposure or exposures.
- All processing, manipulation and printing or rendering, were done by the entrant or under their direct supervision.
- The entrant has obtained and has access to all necessary releases (model or property) and agrees to hold TPPA harmless against all claims and liabilities arising out of TPPA’s display, publication and promotion or other use of each image submitted to TPPA.
- The entrant’s name shall not appear anywhere in or on the face of the entry.
- A maximum of eight entries is allowed in the Wedding Competition.
- A minimum of 4 entries is required to be considered for the Top Wedding Entries Award (Highest scoring average with a minimum of 4 entries in the Wedding Competition) and the Top 10 in Texas Award (Top 10 scoring averages from the overall competition). Each album counts as one entry and album scores are included in overall case scores.
- No entry will be eligible if it has been made under the supervision of an instructor or as a class assignment. All images submitted must be self-directed. Images created in an educational environment under direct supervision from an instructor are ineligible
- Any entry that has been created from an existing photograph, portrait, graphic or any other artwork produced by another person is a violation of the competition rules and will not be judged, accepted or displayed. If an entry, in the good-faith opinion of the TPPA Photographic Competition Chairman, violates copyright, trademark or any other applicable law, that entry shall not be displayed or published.
- Entries of the same subject in multiple images will be allowed, as long as the images are entirely different concepts.
- Entry media includes digital files, and digital albums.
Registration opens March 1, 2021. All registration takes place at: www.printcompetition.com.
WEDDING COMPETITION CATEGORIES
You must designate one of the below categories for each entry.
- WEDDING OPEN: Images eligible in the Wedding Open category must be created during the time constraints of the actual event.
- WEDDING ALBUM: All images included in the Wedding Album must be created during the time constraints of the actual wedding event. You may enter as a single maker or a multi-maker; (2) photographers creating a minimum of twenty images each from the same wedding.
See Video Tutorial: PPA.com/IPC_tutorials
- Files must be sized so the longest dimension is 4000 pixels. Each file must contain an embedded color profile of either sRGB or Adobe RGB1998 and be saved at a JPEG quality setting of 10. In most cases, total file size should not exceed 3.5 MB. Larger files will be accepted when necessary so long are they are JPG/10.
- Files are to be named, Image 1.JPG No underscores or special characters
DIGITAL ALBUM ENTRY
See Video Tutorial: PPA.com/IPC_tutorials
All albums must be submitted in digital form
- All page/spread files must have the longest file dimension at 4000 pixels, have an embedded color profile of either sRGB or Adobe RGB1998 and saved at a JPEG quality setting of 10.
- Each page/spread file may contain as many images as you desire.
- An entry shall contain a minimum of 5 page/spread files up to 36 page/spread files.
- Files are to be numbered in viewing order using two digits, i.e. 01 jpg, 02 jpg, 03 jpg, etc.
- All individual files must be compressed into a single ZIP file. ZIP file must be named: Album Title.zip (e.g. Summer Wedding.zip).
- Studio identification or entrant’s name cannot appear on any file within the album entry.
- Each entrant must use the same title when entering a multi‐maker album.
VIEWING CONDITIONS FOR IMAGE REVIEW
For color management help, see Video Tutorial: PPA.com/IPC_tutorials
- Digital Files: Monitor Settings, D65, 120 cd/m2, 2.20 gamma
DEADLINES AND FEES
– Entry Deadline is 7:00pm CDT., March 24, 2021.
-TPPA is holding three competitions: Photographic Open Competition, Artist Competition and Wedding Competition. Entrants may enter up to eight entries in each competition.
-Entry Fee is $15 per image.
-Entries include any combination of digital entries and digital album entries.
– $10.00 per image for image critiques. Please allow 4 weeks following the completion of the competition.
– Check out the entire list of awards from the TPPA Annual Photographic Competition.
Note: Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification of entry. The decision of the TPPA Photographic Competition Chairman is final.